A few days ago, I deactivated my Facebook account. Why? I’m not exactly sure. Lots of reasons I suppose, but I’ll boil it down to three:
- It’s Christmas Eve and Facebook intends to connect us, but considering my family is in the same room, it can be quite counterproductive. I’ll reactivate it once “The Ball” drops
- I’ve got a LOT of things I’d like to change about my life, but I don’t want to minimize them to unfulfilled New Year’s Resolutions. I’m talking everything from routines and habits to big picture, long-term, bucket-list type items. I’m hoping this public journal will help keep me focused, on track, entertained, in perspective, and balanced.
- I’ve got a lot of “stuff” to share, creative juices to release, ideas to get down, opinions to suggest, and can’t think of a better medium than my own personal blog.
I don’t know what this site will become and I’ll treat it more like a stream of consciousness, life timeline, and public journal than anything else. But in brainstorming a few directive themes, the kind of features and commentary you can expect are:
- Documenting my travels through pictures and words
- Offering my opinion on random topics
- Making suggestions to family/friends and anyone else who cares enough is foolish enough to trust me
- Pointing out funny things (that perhaps only I find funny)
- Artistic randomness
- Whatever the hell I want… it’s my site so BACK OFF!
Welcome to my scribble pad. I hope you’ll scribble a bit yourself in the comments.